The New bumGenius Elemental Nappy

BumGenius have updated their fantastic bumGenius elemental {previously called bumGenius organic} with a new and improved design.


With the highlights being:


Highlights

  • Absorbent layers attached to the waterproof outer layer.
  • One step cloth diaper - no stuffing!
  • Two rows of snaps ensure a trim, bumGenius fit every time!
  • Ultra-absorbent, certified organic cotton inner.
  • Gentle leg elastic contains the mess!
But I guess what everyone wants to know is, how has it changed? Well here at Baba Me we were lucky enough to get our hands on some stock early so have had a chance to check this nappy out. WOW, we are impressed.

The original organic nappy was much loved because of its slimness and its super absorbency. However, it was a slow drying nappy and some people felt that if not tucked into the sides, the organic on the edges might wick, so you had to be careful to ensure it was tucked in.

In terms of improvement, they have managed to make this nappy even slimmer!!!! Yep, unbelievable. I think this must be about the slimmest organic nappy on the market. I have taken a few comparison shots so you can see the difference between the old and new bumGenius elemental.

The old style is in zinnia, the new in mirror : 




You can see from this that the new one is quite a bit wider in the crotch area. As you open up the nappy you can see this, even more, the organic cotton is much wider:



Here you can see the main difference. The new elemental has the folds of cotton much wider and taken all the way to the top of the nappy, whereas before the folds started about an inch in at each end. The new folds have six layers of organic cotton.



However, it does not have the base layer of organic cotton. This means a couple of things. It is much much much slimmer. It is much much quicker drying! And the organic now no longer peeps over at the legs so less chance of wicking by overhanging cotton.

For additional absornbency, it is now much easier to put extra boosters underneath the folds of the organic cotton. I recommend the Hemp Babies Little Weeds as a perfect fit, you can see it tucked in on the bottom picture and it fits like a dream:




So in terms of slimness, in there much of a difference? YES!!! Someone, those genius' at bumGenius have managed to make a super slim cloth nappy, EVEN TRIMMER! Heres a couple of comparison shots from various angles, it's most notable on the newborn setting.








In terms of the inside, I much prefer the new style. It has a lot more play and more space for customisable absorbency



Overall I love the amendments bumGenius have made. I think the new elemental is going to be a very popular cloth nappy. It is super slim and much quicker drying.

To win one, let us know your thoughts on the new bumGenius elemental below!


Comments

hollygolightly said…
Looks fab! I wanna try one. :)
Stacey said…
These improvements really make me want to try one. Our organics yes they are a great nappy but we had wicking issues and they took so long to dry as it was hard to seperate the layers in the drying process. These look so much slimmer which is brilliant for going under clothing and loving the option to use boosters.

Bumgenius really must have listened to us cloth users because this is such a vast improvement. I wonder if my heavy wetter could out wee these hmmmm.....
Goldmother said…
I LOVE my organic. I really didn't think it could get any slimmer and not sure I'm going to like it being wider in the crotch. Seeing is believing though... ;)
Amber said…
They look brill and I'm loving the colours. With 2 in nappies now I'm always looking for some that will work with both the 3 month old and the 16 month old. Little one is a heavy wetter, older one not so much. :-)
clare booth said…
looks great. my three month old is just starting in one size nappies and is a chunky monkey so a slim BG sounds fab!
Brevia said…
I'm delighted to see the Elemental has been revamped! i was all set up to love this nappy when i ordered a couple for our new baby but six months down the line i almost never use them due to leaks, bad fit, drying time - all the issues that seem to have been addressed! great news for my night-time heavy wetter as the Elemental IS incredibly absorbent(if it doesn't leak) . i'll definitely try this new version.
Emma said…
It looks awesome! I love the slim fit of the elementals, these look like a serious rival to disposables on thickness.

I will have to break my buying ban, I think ;)
Unknown said…
We love our Flips and Freetime, but these look even better, would be really great to try one! They look lovely and slim!
Fiona said…
These look amazing! I am so excited to try them on my little one who is due in September - I already have one freetime (in Albert obviously!)
Unknown said…
I love BG & what's not to love about a super absorbent, thinner nappy? I can't wait to try them out on my little girl.
Sophia said…
It's tricky to comment without seeing one for real - maybe I'll have to win one first! haha.

I'd be keen to see how they cope absorbency-wise with the trimmer profile. We do love the organics, but they take sooo long to dry - so would also be keen to see how the new ones fare here too.
Sophie M. said…
Looks really promising - I find natural fibres are much more reliably absorbent than microfibre and love my old bg organics. But bg should really release some more patterned nappies, plain colours are just a bit old fashioned - more like lovelace and albert please (which are conspicuous by their absence on these new elementals colour range images)
Sandra said…
I absolutely love my organic! It is great fitting, slim and über absorbent! Yes, you do need to make sure the edges are tucked in and it takes a while to dry but the pros most definitely weigh up the cons! I can't believe you've made it even better! I am dying to get my hands on some! Love the colours too btw:)
Elena said…
Ooh they look great, would love to try one. Great being able to add a booster so easily.. I am always on the lookout forvslim nappies as my dd hates anything bulky
Sallifer said…
Looks great and so slim! have loads of v4s, freetimes and flips, but might need to try these when the new May baby comes along!!
Leane Bond said…
I like the slimness of the new version, but what i do like about the old one is that it doesnt leave elastic marks around the legs, the new one looks like it may do this
mummylouisex said…
lush would love to try them on my boys<3
Sarah D said…
Hmmmm I'm not convinced that you can improve on the original elemental, I'd definitely need to try one to change my mind !
Biscuit said…
Hmmm, seems like a flip with an organic cotton insert sown in to me, not that that is a bad thing. I love the flips and disliked waiting three days for my organics to dry. Wonder will the extra wide crotch make it to bulky for a newborn? Will have to wait and see. Newborn due May!
Nat G said…
We currently don't have any Bum Genius because I have always been put off by the price when I can get a pocket nappy that does a fantastic job for a fraction of the price. I would love the chance to try one of these because I suspect I don't know what I've been missing and with another on the way, I'm keen to make sure we have as few poo-splosions as possible!
Danielle fernandes said…
It looks great! I like the way that it is easily boostable and slim fitting! I would love to win one for my little boy! :D x
Siobhan said…
Looks fab...especially as they are slim fitting!
dizzy_lizard said…
I do love the trimness overall, but I worry about the wider crotch area. BG products seem to have a wide crotch width as it is. I'd love to try one out to see the difference!
Naomi82 said…
looks great! I am due my second baby in April - use mainly V3's on my eldest, would love to win one to try :)
bob said…
These look great, I would love to try one!! The wide crotch actually looks like it would be good for babies hips, I wear my baby most of the day so his legs are spread a lot anyway!!
Brown005 said…
Looks awesome!!! I want one'nn
Unknown said…
LOVE the bumgenius elemental - the snaps make the fit so much better!
Eni said…
It is almost unbelievable that a nappie can be that slim. I would be happy to try it and love it. :)

Popular Posts