Reusable wipes...


Aside from nappies wipes can be a huge expense! They are constantly in demand for cleaning bums, dirty hands and faces, wiping away dribbles and cleaning surfaces. No matter what wipes are essential, but why pay out A LOT of money on disposable wipes that lets face it don't do a great job when you can use reusable wipes that are relatively cheap or you can make them yourself and you will always no exactly what it is being used to clean your babies skin.

We have all experience the pooplosions and the mountians of disposable wipes that it takes to clean it up,
they just aren't big enough to use without getting your hands dirty and they seem to just move it all around instead of actually cleaning it up! But the practicality of these disposables wet wipes aren't the only issue. They chemicals used to keep them wet can be harmful to sensitive skin. With reusable wipes you can be sure that the materials used are gentle and you will know exactly what liquids are used to help clean up any little messes.

When my little one was tiny I only ever used water in a squirter bottle along with my wipes, some bought and some home-made, as he got bigger I found that adding a little camomile tea was perfect and I was safe in the knowledge that there where no harmful chemicals near his bum.

Not only did I feel better about knowing what I was using but I saved a small fortune, Muslin squares where an essential in my changing bag, perfect for everything from breastfeeding covers to wipes to emergency nappies. Apart from these I had bought some ready made reusable wipes which where brilliant but as money was tight I even cut up an old fleece blanket and an old towel sewed them back to back and these where brilliant for almost anything he could throw at me.

I love reusable wipes but I understand that there are times that a wet wipe is needed so I always have a packet of Jackson Reece close to hand, they are the perfect comprimise. What are your thoughts on reusable wipes?

Comments

Jo said…
I've just bought a cheeky wipes kit and I love them - like you said much better than disposables for clearing up poop, and it feels so much better to know I'm not using any harsh chemicals on his skin anymore. They're great for out and about too - just stick a couple in a small wet bag. Couldn't recommend them enough!

Popular Posts