CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY 2011 - Win a Nappy

I thought it was a fitting tribute to salute International Womens Day 2011 as I think each of us must have some inspiring women around us that contribute positively to our lives on a daily basis.


Thinking about the women that surround me I am blessed with generations of family that are inspiring. My children are lucky enough to know a great granny and my grand-niece (yes my nieces daughter) is lucky enough to know a great-great granny, that is five generations of women that are still alive in my family. I might add I think it's pretty unusual in this day and age! I have no fewer than 14 aunties(yes the Irish women are renowned for being super productive!) passing on support and wisdom that carries on not only to me but my own children and when you look at it so personally it actually has a very big impact in your life.


Women have for generations been the bearer, the nurturer, the teacher, the inspiration, the grounding force, the worker, the problem solver, the care-giver, the provider and the list goes on, it can be said we define the art of multi-tasking and it has been going on for a long, long time.



I am at an advantage in the work-place as I work with 10 other women (most of whom moms), my employer is a woman and the inspiration behind the bumGenius products is a woman (well it could only be a woman to come up with such a genius plan for a nappy!). As a reflection on WHY the nappies were created, they were born out of necessity, resourcefulness and purpose, all top female qualities.


So today - we would love to hear your blogposts and comments on the inspiring women that you know, share a story of WHY they inspire you and win a nappy from Baba Me. The top story will win!


Good Luck!


The Baba Me team

Comments

Unknown said…
I have had many inspiring women touch my life, without mentioning the obvious one who gave birth to me. I used to work with women fleeing domestic violence in a refuge, everyone of these women were an inspiration, they were strong women who had made a decision to leave their home and belongings behind to seek a life free of control for their children, how brave were they ! My heart goes out to anyone who is or has experienced domestic violence; as women we are strong and intellegent, thats why abusive men see as a threat; we are way stronger than any of them.
katheyip said…
Coming from a big family with differing views and education background, I have never really appreciated my mom until now.

Having moved 6500 miles away and being pregnant with my first child makes me realise it isn't easy to raise one child let alone 6 child and still hold down a full time job.

I have new found respect for my mom who managed to raise us right, instilling discipline, making us do chores, etc. Being a parent isn't about being popular, it is about balancing tough love and trying your best to make sure your child is loved, care for and yet never over indulged.

I am sure being a parent myself will only bring me closer to my mom and I'll be making loads of long distance calls back home asking for help & advice!
Sara C said…
my biggest inspiration ever is my current Midwife!

She is absolutely amazing, works all the hours god sends, always greets you with a smile and knows just what to say all the time.

The biggest inspiration is that she cannot, herself have any children :( she found out when she was younger and that made her turn to midwifery and has dedicated almost her whole life to helping other more lucky women bring their babies into the world .. i cannot imagine how hard that must be for her being in her situation however she is THE most amazing, strong and caring woman and i cannot wait to become a Midwife myself (once i have had baby#2 i am going to uni!) so i can hopefully be half the woman(and MW) that she is!
Jo said…
Over the last year I have met a group of the most inspiring women, all have lost a child or are living with a child with a life limiting illness. They gave me hope and the strength to carry on when our daughter was diagnosed with trisomy 13 after our 20 week scan and we were told she was unlikely to be born alive.
They have been there everyday for me despite their own grief and those with children with trisomy 13 & 18 have shared their beautiful children with me, including some very happy teenagers!
I'd have been lost without these amazing women who have not only loved my precious girl, but have supported me through another pregnancy (my little rainbow boy was born 3 weeks ago!!!).

My daughter is also a huge inspiration, she gave us 3 perfect days of love agaisnt the odds :)
Baba Me said…
Everyone, thanks for the comments, some really touching stories.

Jo, we are giving you the free bumgenius all in one nappy,please contact us http://www.thenaturalbabyresource.co.uk/s.nl/it.I/id.1/.f
to claim

Thanks for taking part everyone

Popular Posts