Do I still have two heads?

When I first starting selling reusable nappies, seven years ago, people thought I was mad. They looked at me as if I had two heads. Cloth nappies? You mean those terries with plastic pants? Why? Well yes I do mean cloth nappies but not terries with plastic pants, we have come a long long way since those days.

When I gave up my perfectly respectable profession to sell cloth nappies full time, that was it. People thought I should have been committed. And perhaps they were right. I don't regret my decision for one moment. Selling cloth nappies is great fun. I work with brilliant people and I love my job.

But roll forward seven years and do people still think that? Clearly reusable nappies are still a niche product, for niche 'green' people. However, the evidence is that they are making great strides. More and more 'mainstream' retailers are stocking them and seeing the growing demand for the modern brands like bumGenius and flip.

So do I still have two heads? Well what do you think...

Comments

Popular Posts