bumGenius organic one-size cloth nappy - with snaps!

Yay! Finally we have the new bumGenius organic all-in-one here in all the new colours and with snaps closure! These have become a big-time favourite in our family, and here is why:

- The absorbency is just GREAT. The organic cotton holds a lot and we have never had any leaks with this nappy, even without adding inserts. If we were using it at night we would have needed extra inserts though, as we do with all night nappies.
- I like the idea of natural fibres against my baby’s skin. The fact that it is organic as well makes it even better. Organic cotton is cultivated without the use of chemical pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, which makes it a better product both for the environment and for my baby.
- I love the super trim bumGenius fit. This nappy is very trim and my friends were actually amazed that my 19-month old was using a cloth nappy and not a disposable. I have never used this nappy for a newborn though and can imagine that it will have a bit extra bulk for those, but I guess that’s the price you always must pay when using nappies that fit from birth to potty training.
- I don’t have to stuff the nappy before using it, and pulling out the inserts before washing it. Yup, I am lazy, and even though I am a big fan of pocket nappies it is good to have a really, really easy alternative to reach for once in a while.
- The snaps are great and they don’t wear out like velcro can do. Normally I prefer velcro closure as I think it is faster and easier, but this is the first nappy where I actually found that the snaps worked better for us than velcro.
- I like the soft leg casings. I know that some people have experienced leaking problems around the legs with this nappy, but in my opinion this is probably due to the nappy being too wet – if it starts leaking it needs to be changed. It is really as simple as that.
- I love the colours! My favourite colour is the Zinnia, so I am wishing for a baby girl the next time;-)

Comments

Popular Posts